Emotiva XPA-3 | Review | Buying Guide | Repairing Center
In the rocking field of sound, people need high-quality sound which is pocket friendly too, so in this direction, US audio producer Emotiva has set itself the ambitious goal of creating high-quality products at ‘prices most people can buy’. It aims to achieve this by keeping jobs dependent and focused on a few product lines and using a standard approach that borrows a certain level of economies. It also designs and integrates its entire range into its own country – something that is rare these days. But it is Emotiva, known for its consumer-centric approach.
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 – an audiophile-grade 3 power amplifier designed for home theatre systems that offer high technology performance, exceptional accuracy, and powerful output for all types of music. Top Sport Model Emotiva Modules for the three most powerful channels, the amplifier is ready to power the three main front channels in the home theatre or in the surrounding music system.
In the era of 3D audio, eleven channels minimum required an actual set of 7.1.4- or 5.1.6 channels
In other words, the XPA Gen 3 is a complete line of modular amps.
In this piece of information, we will talk about Emotiva amplifier, its features and specifications, buying guide, common issues, and your anytime fixing partner eleser.
Let’s begin with Emotiva amplifier XPA 3 features and specifications.
Emotiva Amplifier XPA-3 Features and Specifications
1) Audio Specifications
Power Output –
- 300 RMS / channel watts; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD <0.1%; 8 Ohms; running one channel.
- 550 watts RMS / channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD <0.2%; 4 Ohms; running one channel.
- 300 RMS / channel watts; THD <0.1%; 8 Ohms; two channels run.
- RMS / channel 490 watts; THD <0.1%; 4 Ohms; two channels run.
- 275 watts RMS / channel; THD <0.1%; 8 Ohms; ALL three channels run.
- Power bandwidth (rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad Band frequency response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz + 0 / -2 dB.
- THD + audio: <0.005%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
Power Input –
- Connection Installation (High Power Channel Modules):
- Inequality (RCA); balanced (XLR); one per channel, selected independently.
- Connection Installation (Beri Modules):
- 2 Inequality (RCA); 2 balanced (XLR); two per channel, selected independently.
- Output Speaker Speaker: Audiophile range, integrated gold, 5-way binding posts.
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA current input required.
- Output Trigger: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
2) Power Requirement
Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50/60 Hz (automatically detected).
3) Front Controls and Indicators
- Standby: press the button (halo ring changes colour to indicate the standby or ON).
- Status LEDs: per channel; blue.
Status LEDs turn red to indicate the error status
4) Rear Panel Control
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (converts AC power).
- LED status change: disables the front panel Status LEDs and the halo reduction of the wait button.
- Input selector input (per channel):
- switching switch; choose between balanced and non-balanced inputs.
- Circuit Breaker: press the button to reset the breaker.
- The XPA Gen3 is protected from extreme operating temperatures, short speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17 ”width x 8” height x 19 ”depth (no box; including feet).
17 “wide x 7” high x 19 “deep (not boxed; without feet).
24-1 / 2 “width x 12” height x 24-3 / 4 “deep (boxed).
39 lbs (Without Box).
44 lbs (box).
Emotiva Amplifier XPA-3 Buying Guide
Aligning Amps with Speakers
A speaker with a design impedance of eight ohms and 350 watts of continuous IEC power ratings will require an amp that can output 700 watts at an 8-ohm load.
Ohms are resistant, If the total speaker load is high, then the power dissipation on the speakers will be reduced. On the other hand, if the speaker load resistance is low, the power will be increased, which can overheat or damage the amplifier.
Slew rating is a measure of determining the amplifier’s ability to track an input signal. This unit measures electrical power in microseconds. This term is used to describe a high rate of change in amp output power in relation to its input power.
Common issues of Power Amplifiers and Fixing Partner
Here we are going to provide you a list of common issues associated with your power amplifier, just check it out if you are facing any of them-
- Humming sound from speakers.
- Overheating of the amplifier.
- Improper supply of power.
- Facing bass issues.
- Degradation of sound quality.
- All speakers are not working.
If you are facing any one of them, don’t worry, our experts at eleser are the first fit to rectify your amplifier issue and fix them in the blink of an eye. Just contact us at eleser for any kind of repairing services in Gurgaon ,Delhi, Noida, Chandigarh & we accelerate our services to other Metro City ‘s quickly